Jul 2, 2010

Introduction from Chris

I love looking at houses. It’s why I became a Realtor. My husband thought it was great I combined something I like to do with a career. Surely, when you love what you do, you don’t work a day. (Was that a Sam Adams or Yuengling commercial?) Anyway, what he wasn’t anticipating was the number of homes I get to see on behalf of my clients and some of the wonderful ideas in home decorating and remodeling I come across that I think would be great for our home.

What was to be a simple bathroom update, basically just a new vanity and cabinet, became a tear down of the tile on the walls, which was replaced with bead board, and a new ceramic tile floor. He stopped short of allowing me to retile the shower.

Our kitchen remodel is still in the planning stages. His idea is to tear down the 1960s era wallpaper and paint the cabinets, which is a plan I have suggested to clients. It is an efficient and economical way to update a kitchen. Add some modern door pulls and voila – updated kitchen. After looking at many kitchens; however, I came up with a little different plan for ours. “I was in a similar home to ours today and they knocked out the wall between the kitchen and the dining room. It made the kitchen look so much larger.” “Let’s move the fridge over to that side to optimize the workspace.” “Recessed lights would be fantastic over our table.” “The home I just listed has a floor-to-ceiling pantry closet with pull-out shelves. We need one of those.” You can see where I’m headed here and can probably understand why we are still in the “planning stages.”

I’ve also purchased some wonderful furniture as a result of being a Realtor. As a representative of EG Stoltzfus, I regularly host an open house in the Eagles View model home, which is, as I’m sure you can imagine, beautifully furnished. The model is now sold and I have done my part to lighten the load of the move out by purchasing a gorgeous gateleg coffee table and a beautiful mirror. The mirror doesn’t quite fit where I initially intended, but looks great over the desk in my family room.

So, if you’re looking for a new home or have real estate questions, it would be my pleasure to help you because I love looking at houses, I love helping families find just the right home and I love (although my husband isn’t quite so crazy about it) getting decorating ideas.

-Chris Shemeta
The Sold Team of Century 21 Heritage Realty

No comments:

Post a Comment